Innovative and holistic
TourCert has developed its own internationally recognised consultancy and certification system for the tourism sector. With the different systems for tour operators, accommodation, destinations and other tourism enterprises (e.g. travel agents, tourist attractions) we cover sustainability challenges along the entire value chain.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your company.
- Together with a TourCert expert you will identify possibilities to save energy and resources – and in this way you will also save money!
- You will systematically observe your quality parameters and will be able to use them to optimise your products and their quality.
- On the basis of the strengths you identified, you will fine-tune your individual market position.
- You will derive clear strategies and will then be able to benefit from competitive advantages.
- You will ensure transparency by regularly publishing a sustainability report.
- You will benefit from your improved image – with customers, the public, and internal stakeholders.
- With your newly gained know-how you will increase the competence of your employees, encourage innovation, and improve the quality of communication with your customers.
- Thanks to satisfied customers you will improve customer loyalty.
- With your social commitment and the involvement of your employees you will improve the motivation and satisfaction of your staff.
Personal, competent & efficient
With our experienced coaches we will accompany you on the way to certification. The learning concept of empowerment encompasses a combination of practical, online and attendance learning phases. During the practical phases, you will introduce the elements of the system in your organisation step by step.
The most important steps
Where are you heading?
Together with your entire team and supported by a TourCert expert you will develop a mission statement as a starting point for the sustainability process. It will integrate the idea of sustainability into the basic values of your organisation and build the foundation for the process that is to follow.
Assess the current state of affairs
In order to build a foundation for improvements you will first analyse your current situation based on fixed criteria. Depending on the tourism sector you are active in, you will focus on different criteria from different fields of action. A web service developed by TourCert makes the stock-taking process easier for you.
All in one hand
In order to integrate sustainability into your business procedures, you will appoint a person from your team as CSR manager who will within the company and externally be in charge of matters of sustainability.
Become more transparent
You will merge the results of the evaluation in a standardised report. The report is to inform your stakeholders and the general public of the impacts of your activities and products and to ensure transparency.
Improving step by step
Continuous improvement is at the core of the TourCert system. In this framework, you will define tangible objectives and the respective measures in a programme for improvement. Year after year, you will define new objectives and measures for yourself, which you will then evaluate to find out to what extent they have been achieved.
In an audit, external and independent auditors will assess if your organisation was able to fulfil all the TourCert certification criteria. The final decision on your certification will be made by the certification council.
Do you have any questions?
We are aware that our certification system may appear a bit overwhelming at first sight. It will be our pleasure to personally discuss with you the individual steps. You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions.